Sunday, October 19, 2008

A voice of reason in a sea of hatred

Yesterday I posted a video of McCain/Palin supports shouting absurd, ridiculous, outlandish things about Obama. This video absolutely disgusts me and has been bothering me ever since I watched it yesterday morning. I went to bed thinking about it and how I fear for Obama's safety. He is a brave man and I suppose I was naive to think that that kind of racism and ignorance no longer existed in our great nation...

Cue this morning's Meet the Press:



I have always respected Colin Powell and if he were to have run for president, I might have considered switching parties (ok, probably not but you get my point). He eloquently expresses his reasoning for endorsing Barack Obama in a calm, cool, Colin Powell kind of way. He manages to do this without belittling John McCain, or even Sarah Palin. This is the kind of level headed thinking that has been needed these past few weeks. I commend Colin Powell for being reasonable and not succombing to his party's scare tactics.

No comments: