Friday, September 26, 2008

The FIRST entry-9/26/08

I'm glad to know that Trey never knows what I'm thinking....That makes two of us! I asked Trey to set up this blog for me because I have really enjoyed being able to "comment on my status" on Facebook, but I feel sometimes as though I need a bit more space to explain myself! 

This week has been quite slow at work because graduate student Kelly and I are in the midst of working up figures for our paper and finishing up a very few minute details. Since Kelly has requested to actually write the paper, that leaves me with most of the "finishing up" experiments. These can be a bit slow because one usually has to be finished before moving on to another. All is going well and that leaves me time to write this blog post, play on facebook and pump lots of breastmilk! It's nice to have a bit of a break every once in a while. I'm sure next week will be busier.

I often think to myself that my boys are quite amazing...But the last couple of days have been exceptional. Lewis has been sleeping well, from 8:30 to 6:30, all week. Getting up at 6:30 is perfect because it gives him a chance to nurse for half an hour before being disturbed by the LOUD and rambunctious Henry. I very much enjoy that 30 minutes we spend together. Also, Henry, for the first time ever, TOLD us he had to pee before he actually peed. So, we got a night of pee on the toilet, wear underwear for an hour, pee on the toilet, wear underwear for a half and hour, shower...no accidents! Yipee!!! I feel as though the end may be in sight. I thought this day would never, ever come. I felt as though I was destined to change adult-sized poops 2-3 times a day, every day for the rest of my life...While I know this is ridiculous, this is often how it feels!

I am excited for the weekend. We have recently adopted a "shop every three weeks for groceries" plan and this has been giving us much more time to just hang out...I think tomorrow morning we will be heading out to breakfast and then to the farmers market. Hopefully, I can find some yummy fruits and veggies for Lewis to try. Then it's to refinishing some park benches we bought for our deck...and, of course, the UGA game tomorrow night...GO DAWGS (this part is for Trey). Sunday brings our standing playground date with Rafferty and his family (and maybe a few others), cooking and more fun! Hope you all have a nice weekend, too.

No comments: